Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm still here....

Sorry for leaving you all in suspense after the last blog entry. Chemo messed me up for quite a while. My head still feels like it is in the clouds so this will be a short update. The worst of the the nausea is done with. Last night I had a good meal and that really helped settle my stomach. I really didn't enjoy the chemo. I can't imagine what it was like to take Cisplatin before all the fancy anti-nausea drugs came out...

As for radiation, my mouth is beginning to get sore and my swallowing function is getting stiffer. This causes me to gag a little bit when I swallow fluids, but for the most part I can still eat just fine.

Anyhow, this week I have lots of follow up appointments with my doctors. I'm also having a feeding tube put in on Friday, which I'm not looking forward to.

Please pray:
1) That I would find joy in the Lord at all times. During these difficult times the hardest part of the battle is in the mind.
2) That the radiation and chemo would be successful in killing any cancer left in me
3) That I would be able to make it through the treatments
4) That the side effects would not be that hard on my body

No comments:

Post a Comment