Thursday, February 26, 2009

Andrew's Two Week Letter

Sorry for the reticence. I haven't had a computer this week. The Lord continues to sustain and comfort me. Andrew's letters get me re-focused whenever I start to fall off kilter. I will post when I have a chance. For now, here is Andrew's 2 Week letter:

2 Weeks

Dearest Beloved,

I love you. Remember that time when we went hiking in the mountains before going to the Clark’s house for dinner? That was like our second or third day dating. You must have been so happy that you didn’t realize that you were hopping and skipping along on slush and ice on the edge of a steep hill that dropped almost straight down. The path was only about 1.5 feet wide, but you didn’t care. You were practically in heaven. I was actually quite impressed with you that day because you seemed fearless and confident with each step you took. The Lord kept us safe that day, gave us a wonderful date, and even provided somebody to jumpstart my car just as it was getting dark. The Lord always takes care of us doesn't He? I want you to be fearless like you were on that date in the mountains. Don't look down, just keep your eyes focused on what's just ahead and you'll do just fine.

I’m not here to lead you, anchor you, and balance you in person anymore. But since you know me so well, step back and think about how we would work as a team in each tough situation you find yourself in. Be affectionate with the kids and remember to keep pointing them to God. If they seem to get out of control more since I'm not around anymore as the authority figure you will have to step in and take my place as the highest human authority in our home. Also, remember that they need clear boundaries more than ever before.

8 comments:

  1. It is amazing how Andrew is still ministering to all of us after his death. Thank you for posting his letters. We are continuing to pray for you and your family. God has made you an amazing woman. Your children are blessed to have you.

    This blog is emphasizing the massiveness of the family of God.

    Blessings to you,
    Colleen W, Pasadena, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. It continues to amaze how well Andrew chose his words for you. He must've been a marvelous individual. I know that when my husband is gone for more than 2-3 days I notice a real change in attitude in the boys. I will pray for you all even more specifically in that area as Andrew's letter brought that to my attention. Tomorrow I go to see Lisa Lloyd. Her, Tawni, and I will pray for you!
    With Love for you,
    Liesy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Grace:
    It's wonderful that Andrew thought of writing to you, before he went to eternity. It must have given you so much comfort and strength. He is truly remarkable!!!
    Thanks for sharing his letter with us. We pray that you have a great day with your family and recall the fun time you've had.
    Our Lord is faithful and will be with you always.

    Psalms.121:3-8
    3. He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you
    will not slumber
    4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

    5 The LORD watches over you—
    the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

    6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

    7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life;

    8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

    Blessings,
    Gloria and family, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,

    Reading these letters from Andrew are such a blessing! They remind me again and again of just how close we are to heaven and how this earth is not all their is. Thank you so, so much for sharing them.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet treat for your love to draw you back to happy times together. Isn't it amazing how the Lord still uses him to minister to your needs! I'm still praying for you and the kids.

    We love you,
    Rick & Julie & kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Grace,

    I was sharing with Lisa L. how there are families in our church (GCF Spokane) that read your blog and how much encouragement it brings, and particularly in your example of a Godly marriage... You had one amazingly passionate marriage! There are many who take their spouse for granted or perhaps their marriage is just "doing ok." Even from Heaven Andrew displays his tender love for you, and always endevoured to love you as Christ loved His church!! What an example to the local churches around the nation who read this!! Grace, your testimony is helping in so many ways but also in one you may not have known - your incredible relationship is bringing help to others! Radically passionate marriages lived for the glory of Christ - can you imagine the eternal impact that could make?! Christian marriages that radically display to the world that we love Jesus Christ and HIS kingdom MORE than anything this earth has to offer!??
    I am thankful the Lord is sustaining you, strenghtening you and blessing you with His peace. I love you, Grace.
    Thank you for being a beautiful vessel for the Lord!
    Praying for you, AJ and Gracie!
    We love your updates and are thankful for you!!
    Shadra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, Shadra speaks what I have often thought of myself. Your love for Andrew has not only made me love God more, but my husband as well. And I also think what Colleen says resinates so true...the body of Christ feels so close to me through you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Grace!
    What a wonderful husband you had. I have one too. Right now we are separated again because of a new job. Six months last time. God willing only one month this time. It makes my heart sick when I hear women who whine about their husbands. And it makes me so grateful for mine. Thank you for sharing. You refresh my heart by sharing that Christ truly holds you up during these times. Thank you.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete