Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prayer and help

Grace and I are looking into doing an alternative therapy that may require us to travel. Our options are to:

1) Go to a clinic in Loma Linda, CA near Riverside.
2) Go to a similar clinic in Tijuana, Mexico.
3) Have a caregiver come to our home in Minnesota and teach us the therapy.

In all three cases we will learn the therapy and continue it at home. Please pray for wisdom about what to do, and that God would open and close the doors according to His will for us. In addition, pray that if God wills for us to do this that He would provide for the logistics and the help we need. Personally I would lean toward the California location since that is our old stomping ground.

If we go to Loma Linda or Mexico we will need a place for our kids to stay nearby since they can't stay at the clinic. We'll bring somebody along with us (person yet to be determined) to help with the kids. If anybody reading this has a rental or a place in the Los Angeles or Riverside areas we could use for a few weeks in early November please email me. Thanks!

Please also keep praying that we would trust God and treasure Him more than life itself. It is easy to get caught up and stressed out by relying on our own efforts.

6 comments:

  1. What kind of therapy is this?

    I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your number 1 choice seems like the best choice. The Lord willing, we will be sending some financial help for you through the Redeemer Bible Church c/o Mercy Fund for Andrew. Is that the proper method to do?
    Uncle Mael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andrew, My family lives in Moreno Valley/Riverside- super close to Loma Linda. I know that they would be glad to host you. There is also a really good church in the area--Cornerstone--pastored by Milton Vincent. Please let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marks,
    Its been a little while since I've gotten the chance to catch up with your blog. I was shocked and saddened to read the news from the last few posts. Our hearts go out to you and we're praying fervently for you.
    love,
    Georgia & Elijah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew,
    I don't know if you remember me, but I grew up at Grace Bible Church in Marysville. I recently became the Director of Student Ministries at Foothill Bible Church and now live in Upland, CA, which is 30 minutes from Loma Linda. Anyways, I wanted to let you know that if there is anything I can do, I'd love to help. I don't know the area too well, but there are some great people at the church that do. So, if that helps great, if not, don't worry about it.

    -Micah Lugg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrew and Grace, I've sent a few emails, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a place to stay in California.

    ReplyDelete