Thursday, February 22, 2007

The follow-up

Over the past couple of days I have been getting better and better. The cold symptoms are basically gone now. My tongue is quite swollen still, but I am now able to actually swallow rather than having force drinks down my throat. I glad that I can talk much more that I could two days ago, so Grace and I mom can understand me with some repeats. I still can't chew anything, though. Basically I sound like a person trying to talk with a large strawberry strapped to his tongue. I use that example because AJ is sitting here eating strawberries next to me while I type this. The funny thing is that even though I can barely talk, AJ still understands me about as well as he used to. Not bad for a little guy. Then again, maybe I'm finally speaking his language...

Today is the day that I will find out the results of the pathology studies. I'm a little nervous about finding out, but I just have to be stong and trust in the Lord's faithfulness to me.

One of the passages I read this morning was Psalm 28: 6-7
"Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
The Lord is my strength and my sheild;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him. "

The Lord has always been faithful and He will continue to be faithful even if today's report is not what I want to hear.

Please pray that all the cancer tissue has been removed from my body, and that it will not return. Even if the doctors had good news for me today, God is the one who is able to keep it from coming back. So we entrust my life to His merciful hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment