Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A King with Wings

Today A.J. started singing: "The king with your wings --".

I had never heard A.J. say the word "wings" before, and I knew I had never sung him a song like that. I was so impressed that the words rhymed and wondered if he might have made up a song for the first time. I said, "A.J., did someone teach you that song?"

"Yeah, Papa taught me," he said.

"Oh." I thought for a moment. "Do you mean, 'O worship the king -- all glorious above...?'" I sang.

"Yeah," he answered.

I called Andrew and asked him about it. Sure enough, on Saturday while I was away, he had sung that song with A.J. and Gracie. He told me to check the hymn because it has the word "wings" in it too. I found it:

O worship the King, all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love;
Our Shield and Defender, the Ancient of Days,
Pavilioned in splendor, and girded with praise.

O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
Whose robe is the light, whose canopy space,
His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form,
And dark is His path on the wings of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment