Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Feel Good

The great thing about AJ and Gracie is that they don't really know or care that I'm battling cancer. That helps me feel normal when I'm around them.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I can eat. For the past 5 days I've been eating anything I can get my hands on to try to gain some weight before radiation starts. The thing is that I still have to eat slowly and carefully lest I bite the sore parts of my tongue. My neck is still sore, but it isn't really uncomfortable unless little Gracie punches me in the neck when I'm cuddling her.

Being off work has been a blessing because I've been able to spend a lot of time with my wife. The only exercise that I've been able to do is take brisk walks with Grace around the neighborhood or up the hill to the supermarket. Those are my most enjoyable parts of the day.

I remember the first night in the hospital the nurse asked me to try to walk to help my circulation. I walked about 5 steps and then had to go back and get in bed. Now, other than being a little tired, I feel good. Praise God!

5 comments:

  1. Dude! You sound awesome. Praise God! I'm so happy right now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you getting better and hear you getting your speech (and appetite) back. BTW, AJ's dancing is way cute! You've got great kids (and a great wife). Great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this update. You are such an encouragement to us, Andrew. Your recovery is progressing so well, the Lord is so good & greatly to be praised!

    We have not met you personally yet, but we feel so close to you already.

    Tita Deena & Tito Mael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feeling good makes us all feel good too. Stay strong.

    Uncle Francis, Evelyn, Jackie and Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always blesses me to read your blog, Andrew. God is doing such a good work in you and Gracie--such beautiful, divine work of God. I love you both.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete