Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When Sorrow Comes

ANDREW WRITES:

Today was an encouraging day.

This morning I wrote letters to my wife and children in case anything happened to me. As I was writing letters to them I was thinking about all the things I love about them and putting it writing. The Lord has blessed me so much with such a wonderful family. It just seems so perfect for me to have them in my life.

After lunch I went outside with the kids and made a snowman in the fresh snow. AJ loved it. He is really going to miss the snow once it all melts off.
Later in the afternoon Grace sent out an email asking if anybody wanted to come over after dinner to sing and pray with us. We weren't expecting anybody to be able to come because it was such late notice. As we were finishing up dinner the doorbell rang and David Ward came in with a guitar. Then shortly after came the Beck's, the Glenns, the Jay's and the Smerillos. It was such a wonderful time of singing, fellowship and prayer. I was moved to tears seeing all of these people that love us and care for us. It reminded me that God loves me so much more than even they do. And God is going to take care of me no matter what. I'm am His precious child.

One of the things I've been struggling with this week is dreading the pain of surgery, and perhaps even pain for the rest of my life. In the Lord's sovereignty I was greatly encouraged by a special song David wrote today for us called "When Sorrow Comes" with lyrics by Eric Schumacher

Verse 2-3
I rest in knowing He's the one
Who sends the clouds that block the sun.
For He grows faith through bouts with pain
As flowers blossom from the rain,
In this my bout with pain is won:
That He has claimed me in His Son
and does as every Father should--
He gives the gifts He knows are good.

No depth below, nor height above
Could ever keep me from Your love.
For since You gave your Son to bleed
I know that You will grant each need.
O Lord, Your gracious help I seek,
Remember that my flesh is weak.
O Father, give me eyes to see
That you work only good for me.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Andrew and Grace,

    I know you do not know me, but I have heard of the faith God has given you in the midst of this trial. It has been such an encouragement to me!! Thank you.

    I am praying for you; I truly mean it. He has saved you from your sins, how much more can He save you from your sickness!!

    Praise God for His mercy on us! You are greatly loved by the Creator of the World! What a privilege! This should give us great hope.

    Although we do not know each other, I love you and pray that God will glorify Himself in your lives and do what is best according to His will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Marks family,
    I have been earnestly praying for you all since last Tuesday upon hearing about the return of Andrew's cancer. We will be constantly petitioning to the Lord our God for each of you. I pray even now that you may feel His incredible, unceasing, passionate love for you this moment and always. May the Lord continue to glorify Himself through each of you. We are so thankful for you and are thanking the Lord for His mighty work in your lives.
    Love to you in Christ Jesus, Shadra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie and I will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew and Grace.........
    Your light is shining high upon the hill.....Jesus smiles through you! Good courage to you both; thank you for giving the world "one more reason - for the case of faith". God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete