Wednesday, March 15, 2006

We went to California!

So, our new baby is due to arrive within the next few weeks. The official due date is April 9th, but I think it's earlier. They used to say the due date was in late March, but when the baby was small in the ultrasound, they pushed it to April 9th. I just think the baby is probably little.

Sometimes, we like to just jump in the car and see where it takes us. Well, when it took us to Seattle a few weekends ago, we thought: "We should go to Northern California." Both of us were craving the sunshine, food, the feel of home. After considering it for a moment, we realized we probably couldn't just take off right then. So we waited two weeks, and the three of us drove the 12 hours down to NorCal the first weekend in March. Since I was so pregnant, we thought we'd have to stop a lot and it would take us longer to get there, but we did it in one shot and arrived Thursday night. We drove back Sunday but got stuck in Redding till Monday morning, because the 5 closed on the pass through the mountains, which is extremely unusual, due to the snow.

We visted my brothers and their families and had lunch with Jaime Kong.

While we were in California, my 3 and 5 year-old nieces held A.J.'s hand and helped him to walk all over their house. By the end of the weekend, he was full blown walking all by himself. He's a big boy now.

It was great to see my brothers and their families. Both their wives are pregnant also, though my brothers are 14 and 15 years older than me. One of their babies is due right about now.

I love the sun, all the different kinds of food that are so accessible, and all the different kinds of people and cultures there are in California. It's such a stimulating place. My brothers have lived there since I was a kid and I have been visiting them for so long, that California seems almost as much home to me as New Jersey is. I love how the two places are so extremely different though, almost like different countries. We also got to get some really good boba with Jaime Kong. I'm not sure the trip would have felt complete if we hadn't. Andrew had to wait in line for it for a half hour, but it was worth it.

This pregnancy has turned out to be much better than the last pregnancy. (Thank goodness!) But since we've been back from California, I've been feeling extremely tired. Prior to that, I was feeling so good, I didn't feel in a hurry to go through the birthing process. But I am so uncomfortable nowadays, I am ready. I am so excited for the baby to come. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you did it in one shot! My friend and I did the same haul and we ended up pulling over somewhere in Oregon to go to sleep, only to be woken by some redneck telling us to get out because it was his private property =)

    Congrats on the babies!! They're GORGEOUS! You have to tell me what you're still lacking in your baby registry (the links aren't working anymore).

    ReplyDelete